Designation: Principal Scientist
Phone No: 2567760
Phone Ext. No: 6160
R & D onBioremediation, Biofuels, Biomolecules and bio-pigments from microalgae,
Microalgal Biotechnology, Marine Microbiology, Cyanobacterial Biology, Algal Biochemistry, Biopolymer (PHA), Enzymes, Phycobiliproteins, Biofuels
PhD Students Guided: 7
Total Publications: 67
1. Pancha I., Chokshi K., Maurya R., Trivedi K., Patidar S. K., Ghosh A., Mishra S.* (2015). Salinity induced oxidative stress enhanced biofuel production potential of microalgae Scenedesmus sp. CCNM 1077. Bioresource Technology, 341–348
2. Jain D., Mishra S*. (2015). Multifunctional solvent stable Bacillus lipase mediated biotransformations in the context of food and fuel. Journal of Molecular Catalysis B Enzyme doi:10.1016/j.molcatb.2015.04.002
3. Patidar S.K., Mishra S.K., Bhattacharya S., Ghosh T., Paliwal C., Goel S., Mishra S.*, (2015). Naturally floating microalgal mat for in situ bioremediation and potential for biofuel production. Algal Research 9, 275–282. doi:10.1016/j.algal.2015.03.019
4. Pancha I., Chokshi K.,. Mishra S*. (2015). Enhanced biofuel production potential with nutritional stress amelioration through optimization of carbon source and light intensity in Scenedesmus sp. CCNM 1077. Bioresource Technology 179, 565–572. doi:10.1016/j.biortech.2014.12.079
5. Dhangdhariya J.H., Dubey S., Trivedi H.B., Pancha I., Bhatt J.K., Dave B.P., Mishra S.*, (2015). Polyhydroxyalkanoate from marine Bacillus megaterium using CSMCRI’s Dry Sea Mix as a novel growth medium. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 254–261. doi:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2015.02.009
6. Bera A., Dubey S., Bhayani K., Mondal D., Mishra S.*, Ghosh P.K.* (2015). Microbial synthesis of polyhydroxyalkanoate using seaweed-derived crude levulinic acid as co-nutrient. International journal of biological macromolecules, 72, 487-494
7. Chokshi K., Pancha I., Trivedi K., George B., Maurya R., Ghosh A., Mishra S*. (2015). Biofuel potential of the newly isolated microalgae Acutodesmus dimorphus under temperature induced oxidative stress conditions. Bioresource Technology 180, 162–171. doi:10.1016/j.biortech.2014.12.102
8. Mitra M., Patidar S.K., George B., Shah F., Mishra S.*. (2015). A euryhaline Nannochloropsis gaditana with potential for nutraceutical (EPA) and biodiesel production. Algal Research 8, 161–167. doi:10.1016/j.algal.2015.02.006
9. Sv V.B., Shrivastav A., Dubey S., Ghosh T., Paliwal C., Maurya R., Mishra S* (2015). Draft Genome Sequence of Halomonas hydrothermalis MTCC 5445 , Isolated from the West Coast of India 3, 3–4. doi:10.1128/genomeA.01419-14.Copyright
1. Nadella S, Sahoo J, Subramanian PS, Sahu A, Mishra S & Albrecht M (2014) Sensing of Phosphates by Using Luminescent Eu III and Tb III Complexes: Application to the Microalgal Cell Chlorella vulgaris. Chemistry-A European Journal, 20(20), 6047-6053.
2. Pancha I, Chokshi K, George B, Ghosh T, Paliwal C, Maurya R, Mishra S (2014) Nitrogen stress triggered biochemical and morphological changes in the microalgae Scenedesmus sp. CCNM 1077. Bioresource Technology 156: 146–154
3. George B., Pancha I., Desai C., Chokshi K., Paliwal C., Ghosh T., Mishra S.* (2014). Effects of different media composition, light intensity and photoperiod on morphology and physiology of freshwater microalgae Ankistrodesmus falcatus–A potential strain for bio-fuel production., Bioresource Technology, 171, 367-374
4. Patidar S.K., Mitra M., George B., Soundarya R., Mishra S.* (2014). Potential of Monoraphidium minutum for carbon sequestration and lipid production in response to varying growth mode. Bioresource Technology, 172, 32-40
5. Patidar S.K., Chokshi K., George B., Bhattacharya S., Mishra S.* (2014). Dominance of cyanobacterial assemblage and correlated to CDOM at heavy metal contamination sites of Gujarat, India. Environmental monitoring and assessment, 187, 4118
6. Maurya R., Ghosh T., Paliwal C., Shrivastav A., Chokshi K., Pancha I., Ghosh A., Mishra S* (2014). Biosorption of Methylene Blue by De-Oiled Algal Biomass: Equilibrium, Kinetics and Artificial Neural Network Modelling. PloS one, 9(10), e109545
1. Sahu A, Pancha I, Jain D, Paliwal C, Ghosh T, Patidar S, Bhattacharya S, Mishra S* (2013). Fatty acids as biomarkers of microalgae. Phytochemistry. 89, 53-58
1. Singh AK, Singh P, Mishra S and Shahi VK* (2012) Anti-biofouling organic-inorganic hybrid membrane for water treatment. J. Mater. Chem., 2012, 22, 1834.
2. Raval HD*, Chauhan VR, Raval AH, Mishra S (2012) Rejuvenation of discarded RO membrane for new applications. Desalination and Water Treatment. 48:1-3, 349-359.
3. Pandya N, Khan NH,* Jeya Prathap K, Kureshy RI, Abdi Sayed HR, Mishra S and Bajaj HC (2012) DNA Binding, Antioxidant Activity, and DNA Damage Protection of Chiral Macrocyclic Mn (III) Salen Complexes. Chirality 24:1063–1073
4. Mishra SK, Shrivastav A, Maurya RR, Patidar SK, Haldar S, Mishra S* (2012) Effect of light quality on the C-phycoerythrin production in marine cyanobacteria Pseudanabaena sp. isolated from Gujarat coast, India. Protein Expression Purification 81 (1), 5-10.
5. Jain D, Pancha I, Mishra SK, Mishra S* (2012) Purification and characterization of haloalkaline thermoactive, solvent stable and SDS-induced protease from Bacillus sp.: A potential additive for laundry detergents. Bioresource Technology, 115,228-236.
1. Ghosh, Pushpito Kumar, Sandhya Mishra, Mahesh Ramniklal Gandhi, Sumesh Chandra Upadhyay, Sanjiv Kumar Mishra, Imran Pancha, Anupama Vijaykumar Shrivastav et al. "Integrated process for the production of oil bearing Chlorella variabilis for lipid extraction utilizing by-products of Jatropha methyl ester (JME) production." EP 2619303A1, U.S. Patent 8,741,628, issued June 3, 2014.
2. Sandhya Mishra, Pushpito Kumar Ghosh, Mahesh Ramniklal Gandhi, Sourish Bhattacharya, Subarna Maiti, Sumesh Chandra Upadhyay, Arup Ghosh et al. "Engine worthy fatty acid methyl ester (biodiesel) from naturally occuring marine microalgal mats and marine microalgae cultured in open salt pans together with value addition of co-products." EP2718453B1, U.S. Patent Application 14/119,065, filed May 22, 2012.
3. Pushpito Kumar Ghosh, Sumesh Chandra Upadhyay, Sandhya Mishra, Vadakke Puthoor Mohandas, Divesh Narayan Srivastava, Vinod Kumar Shahi, Rahul Jasvantrai Sanghavi et al. "Process for the preparation of natural salt formulations for seawater substitution, mineral fortification." U.S. Patent 20,150,004,673, issued January 1, 2015.
4. Pushpito Kumar Ghosh, Sandhya Mishra, Mahesh Ramniklal Gandhi, Sumesh Chandra Upadhyay, Parimal Paul, Pritpal Singh Anand, Kiritkumar Mangaldas Popat et al. "Integrated process for the production of Jatropha methyl ester and by products." EP2475754B1, U.S. Patent Application 13/981,742, filed March 29, 2010.
5. Sandhya Mishra, Pushpito Kumar Ghosh, Mahesh Ramniklal Gandhi, Ajoykumar Murlidhar Bhatt, and Shantibhai Amritlal Chauhan. "Process for the removal of calcium ions from the brine by marine cyanobacteria." U.S. Patent 6,812,011, issued November 2, 2004.
6. Ghosh, Pushpito Kumar, Sandhya Mishra, Subarna Maiti, Chetan Paliwal, Sanjiv Kumar Mishra, Tonmoy Ghosh, Kaumeel Chokshi, Pankaj Patel, and Jitendra Narsinh Bharadia. "Solar driven solvent extractor and process for extraction of microalgal lipids using the same." U.S. Patent Application 14/389,824, filed April 2, 2013.
7. Mahato, Prasenjit, Amrita Ghosh, Sanjiv Kumar Mishra, Anupama Shrivastava, Sandhya Mishra, and Amitava Das. "Zn (ii) based colorimetric sensor and process for the preparation thereof." EP 2576522B1, U.S. Patent Application 13/636,260, filed March 21, 2011.
1. Mishra S*, Ghosh P.K., Gandhi M.R., Bhatt A.M., Chauhan S.A. (2010). Removal of Ca2+ impurities from brine by marine cyanobacteria from Gujarat coast of India for the production of Industrial grade salt. In: Méndez-Vilas A. (Ed.), Current Research, Technology and Education Topics in Applied Microbiology and Microbial Biotechnology. Microbiology Book Series, number-2(ISBN (13): 978-84-614-6195-0).
2. Mishra S*. (2011). Our Tryst with Microalgae Having Potential for Biopigments, Biopolymer, Biofuel and Bioremediation. In: Bhatnagar SK, Saxena A and Kraan S. (Eds.) Algae Biofuel, Studium Press (India) Pvt. Ltd. (ISBN: 978-93-80012-44-5).
3. Shrivastav A, Mishra SK and Mishra S*. (2011). Utilization of cheap carbon sources for microbial production of Polyhydroxyalkanoate. In: Kowsari E. (Ed.) Polymer synthesis, Nova science Publishers Inc. NY. (ISBN: 978-1-61324-672-6).
4. Agrawal BJ* and Mishra S. (2012)Eco-friendly aspects of application of extremophilic enzymes onto textile substrates. In: Om Singh (Ed.)Extremophiles: Sustainable resources and Biotechnological Implications,John Wiley & Sons, Inc. NJ. (ISBN: 978-1-11810-300-5).
5. Ghosh T, Paliwal C, Maurya R, Mishra S* (2015). Microalgal rainbow colors for nutra-pharmaceutical applications. Plant biology and Biotechnology, Plant diversity, organization, function & improvement,vol.1,853-871 Springer Verlag (In press).