Designation: Sr. Scientist
Phone No: 2567760
Phone Ext. No: 6131
Farming of seaweeds for diversification of livelihood of rural coast population
Seaweed biodiversity studies, optimization of culture for seedling production, experimental seaweed farming for improvement in agronomically important traits
1. Vaibhav A. Mantri, Mukund C. Thakur, Manoj K. Gupta, C. R. K. Reddy and B. Jha, The carpospore culture of industrially important red alga Gracilaria dura (Gracilariales, Rhodophyta). Aquaculture 297: 85-90.
2. Vaibhav A. Mantri, R. P. Singh, A. J. Bijo, Puja Kumari, C. R. K. Reddy and Bhavnath Jha (2011) Differential response of varying salinity and temperature on zoospore induction, regeneration and daily growth rate in Ulva fasciata (Chlorophyta, Ulvales). Journal of Applied Phycology 23: 243 - 250.
3. Vishal Gupta, R. S. Baghel, Manoj Kumar, Puja Kumari, Vaibhav Mantri, C. R. K. Reddy and Bhavnath Jha (2011) Growth and agarose characteristics of isomorphic gametophyte (male and female) and sporophyte of Gracilaria dura and their marker assisted selection. Aquaculture 318: 389 - 396.
4. V. Veeragurunathan, K. Eswaran, K.R. Saminathan, Vaibhav A. Mantri, J. Malarvizhi, G. Ajay, B. Jha (2015) Feasibility of Gracilaria dura cultivation in the open sea on the Southeastern coast of India. Aquaculture 438: 68 – 74.
5. Vaibhav A. Mantri, K.S. Ashok, K.R. Saminathan, J. Rajasankar, P. Harikrishna (2015) Concept of triangular raft design: Achieving higher production in Gracilaria edulis. Aquaculture Engineering 69: 1-6.
6. K. R. Saminathan, K. S. Ashok, V. Veeragurunathan, Vaibhav A. Mantri (2015) Seedling production in the industrially important agarophyte
7. Gracilaria dura (Gracilariales, Rhodophyta). Journal of Applied Phycology 27:1541–1548
8. K. S. Ashok, Suman Yadav, K. R. Saminathan, N. Monisha, J. Malarvizhi, M. Ganesan, Vaibhav A. Mantri (2016) An orthogonal design to optimize seed production, out-planting, and cultivation of the industrially overexploited red alga Gracilaria edulis (Rhodophyta). Journal of Applied Phycology 28:1215–1223.
Vaibhav A. Mantri, Reddy C.R.K and Bhavanath Jha. 2010. The reproductive processes in red algal genus Gracilaria and impact of climate change. In: Israel A, Rachel E and Seckbach J (Eds.) Seaweeds and their role in globally changing environments, Cellular Origin, Life in Extreme Habitats and Astrobiology 15. Springer, Dordrecht. pp 319-337.
1. K. Siddhanta, R. Meena, K. Prasad, B. K. Ramavat, P. K. Ghosh, K. Eswaran, S. Thiruppathi, Vaibhav A. Mantri (2005) A cost effective process for preparing agarose from Gracilaria spp. PCT Patent International Publication Number. WO2005/118830A1, December 15, 2005.
2. P. K. Ghosh, Vaibhav A. Mantri, J. K. Pothal, V. Veeragurunathan, S. Thiruppathi (2015) A device for efficient and coast-effective seaweed harvesting for large scale commercial application.PCT Patent International Publication Number. WO2015/087356A1, June 18, 2015.